Get updates about the competition.
This Event Advisers’ Clinic is organised for the education and recruitment of new IOF licensed Foot Orienteering Event Advisers. National orienteering federations are asked to identify and enter suitable candidates.
Organiser: IOF Rules Commission
Course leader: David Rosen (Chair IOF Rules Commission)
Date & time: Tuesday 9 August 2016 09:00-17:00
Venue: Oru Hotel, Narva mnt 120 B, Tallinn 10127, Estonia
Deadline for entries: By Sunday 10th July 2016. Minimum number of participants is 6.
The main objective of this IOF Event Advisers’ Clinic is to prepare participants to be licensed IOF FootO Event Advisers.
The requirements for licensing are:
1. Be an active foot orienteer.
2. Have competed in countries other than your own.
3. Have successfully controlled major national events in the last 3 years.
4. Be competent to communicate with IOF and the organising Federation (mainly in English).
5. Have attended, and have been an active participant in an IOF Event Advisers Clinic
6. Be familiar with the IOF Rules and other relevant publications
7. Be recognised as a top standard controller/event adviser and endorsed as suitable by your Federation.
Accommodation & meals:
For accommodation bookings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or find most suitable from WMOC 2016 booking site. It is possible to stay at Hotel Oru. Lunch is included in the Clinic registration fee.
Hotel Oru is in the immediate vicinity of the Song Festival Grounds and just 5 km from the international airport.
The following IOF publications will be used at the Clinic:
• IOF FootO Competition Rules
• International Specification for Orienteering Maps, ISOM
• International Specification for Sprint Orienteering Maps, ISSOM
• IOF Control descriptions
• IOF guidelines for World Ranking Events
The material is available at the IOF website www.orienteering.org and should have been read through beforehand.
Application and Entry process:
1. Applicant checks with his/her Federation that they will endorse the participation
2. Applicant fills in the whole form (see separate document) and emails this form to the Federation contact
3. Federation endorses by forwarding applicant’s email to David Rosen email@example.com stating: Application to Clinic – “Name of the Applicant”. I hereby endorse this application.
4. David Rosen processes application and confirms to Applicant and Federation.
The registration fee is 40 EUR payable on arrival at the clinic. A receipt will be issued.
Send enquiries to David Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org
MTÜ Spordiklubi 100 email@example.com Sõpruse pst 198-52, 13423 Tallinn, Estonia
Swedbank (Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn, Estonia) IBAN: EE112200221047956653 SWIFT/BIC: HABAEE2X